• ⚠️ Maintenance will be performed on the forums for the next couple of days. Expect some downtime. 🔧

Ponko Tsundere na Osananajimi - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Childhood Friend Cooking

the typical violent tsundere... she just lost the waifu wars for me... shy girl ftw here...
 
Yeah this ain't it, chief.
She's so clumsy and immature that it isn't even cute anymore. She's way worse than Yoshiko from Aho Girl.
 
@el_ilm Yeah kinda agree. At least with Yoshiko the scenarios become so stupid and ridiculous ,its starts to feel kinda funny. This girl however, is just so whiny.
 
@Kimzark the thing is, the shy busty girl has just as much claim to being his childhood friend as the clumsy tsundere. And she loves him too.
 
Did I miss something here? Everyone seems to be complaining about Sanae, but, to me, this guy is a lot worse. He's nice and considerate to the other girl, but he treats his childhood friend like crap.
 
The most he does is tell her off. You can't seriously be saying that that's treating her like crap or that it's worse than being "human trash" as the title implies right?
 
honestly, I have a different problem with this series. I'm honestly thinking she has a legitimate mental disability. Not sure if I should be laughing, still do though so I'ma keep reading.
 
You guys are reading WAAYYY too much into this series.

What's next? Are you gonna get into the phylosophical questions of Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star?
 
There's a fine line when writing "dumb" characters. The more cartoony, the dumber you can make the character without you feeling sorry for them. Like Ed from Ed, Edd and Eddy, it was a very cartoony show so they made him REALLY dumb and you didn't feel sorry for him. This rides that line for me, so far it's on the funny side of the line but if they make her any dumber I'll just feel sorry for her and won't be able to enjoy it.

I felt the same way about Aho-Girl I just felt sorry for her, like she needed help and all her friend did was abuse her.
 
Welp. this is it. I only wanted to see what the original story was about, as the isekai version was somewhat funny. I got my fill, not my thing, it is the same as (or even worse than?) Aho girl.
 
First pages were funny.

p3 Pulling hair through pants. I don't know how the author dreamed that up, but I winced.

p4 "Insurance plan" Straight up savage.

This a drop though. Main girl acts like she's actually retarded, and I see no sign of that changing. It's way too similar to how actually retarded/special kids act in schools and treading quickly into not funny territory. Additionally, I don't see any sort of message in this story that could redeem this.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top