Pg 3.
"What are you doing, my daughter?"
"Succeeding you"
On the other note, mimicking other's speech is not just a sign of sympathy, as hysteroid women (which is, almost all women) would mimic vocabulary and even interests of a man they like. Don't remember any good theories about the reason, though.
I'm guessing the "way of speaking" was obvious in Japanese, but not much in English.
I know I find myself unconsciously imitating the speech of whoever I hang around a lot. I speak differently to my local Southerners (I'm in the US), than I did at college where there were plenty of yankees. Depended on the TV I watched too. In the mid-2000's, I watched Steve Harvey a lot and picked up some ebonics. I am not even close to black. Mom almost banned my sister from watching "The Nanny" because she started sounding like Fran Drescher. XD